2015년 11월 17일 화요일

The first day in Australia


 
 
       What I felt when I arrived at the Brisbane Airport after 12 hours flight was ‘scared’. Everyone in the airport walked fast and looked like they were busy. I went to a door to door bus station with two big suitcases. Fortunately, the driver was kind. He greeted me with a smile on his face, and we talked together. Until then, I thought everything would be going well in Australia, and I didn’t know what would happen to me.
       After I arrived at my new house, two guys welcomed me with a warm handshake. One guy was the one of my house mates, and the other guy was a neighbor. Finally, I arrived at my room! It was small but cozy with a big window, two beds and one wardrobe closet. I wanted to go to a market to buy some daily necessities such as a shampoo, body wash and foods after I unpacked my briefcases. The guy who I met told me how I could get to the COLES that is a big market in Australia. I took a bus and got to the market. I was excited because I thought I’m a brave woman and I made it!
        I was going to go back to my house after the shopping. However, I didn’t know where I am. I thought I should find the way with a map, so I opened the ‘Google map’ application and started to walk. I was really tired because I couldn’t sleep well in the plane, and I was carrying a heavy shopping bag. Also, it was one hot summer day. I was soaking wet. I walked and walked for 30 minutes, but I couldn’t still find that way to go back to my house. I realized that was not the right way. It made me feel disappointed. I returned the way I came, and I almost cried. I thought my arms would be broken. I asked the director of my agency for help. He called me directly and found the way for me. Finally, I could get to my new house with his help. Now I can tell you about this story with a laugh, but I was so frightened and didn’t know what I’m doing here at that time.
 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기